Monday, July 27, 2020

What to expect in my studio during an active Covid climate


Welcome to my studio, I am Jen!  This is how I will greet you at the door of my studio when you arrive.  You will have received a text from me informing you to wear a mask as well as be symptom free (from anything) for over 24 hours.  This is the new reality due to the Covid-19 virus. 

That’s not all.  I will take your temperature with a forehead thermometer and immediately squirt hand sanitizer into your palms.  I will also ask you questions regarding contact with known positive people or travel to and from and Covid hotspots.  All this will happen before you fill out a health form and Covid release.  Again, the new reality.

Changes have also occurred in my studio.  Cloth chairs are now covered with plastic.  I have learned this is an Italian thing from a client.  Good to know.  Sheets and towels are now stored in lockers rather than in the open room on shelves. The studio is uber cleaned between clients.  Table, all chairs, all door handles, bathroom and clothes bin are all sanitized between clients.  At first, this was an exhausting task. Things have settle down finely and it has become routine in the changeover between clients.

Clients, along with myself, will wear a mask throughout the whole session.  No exceptions. The scariest part of this virus is that you can have no symptoms and yet be a carrier.  That is terrifying and is one reason why I judiciously clean and sanitize all contact areas between clients. For the most part, everyone has been accepting of wearing the mask and has followed the guidelines put forth by the state for massage studios to be open.

Post massage, I will wash/sanitize my arms and hands and then will “glove up” to receive payment.  I prefer clients use the option to pay online, however, Venmo and PayPal have also been rather helpful in reducing contact.  It is the new normal.

I still remain indifferent about being open.  My goal is safety for my clients as well as myself. As the county we live and work in begins to experience more positive cases of Covid, I will continue to assess whether or not I should remain open.  I have a sneaky suspicion that another county shutdown is coming.

Be well,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment