Monday, July 27, 2020

If I could only do one thing...

If I could only do one thing in my practice, hands down, it would be Myofascial Release (MFR).  Myofascial Release is unlike massage.  In fact, I try to educate people that receiving MFR will be nothing remotely close to receiving a massage.  What it will be, if you are open to receiving it, is transformational.  And, yet, I still offer massage...why?

Massage is the gateway for me to educate people about MFR.  Let’s say you come to my studio with the full intention of receiving a massage.  As we work through your health intake and goals, I will be determining what the best method of bodywork will be according to your goals.  Nine times out of ten, the type of bodywork I would suggest will be MFR.  It will be MFR because it will most likely peg the short term goal you have listed as well as put you on the pathway to the long term goal you would like to achieve.  And, in essence, it will get you where you want to be in a shorter amount of time.

Have I thought about switching to MFR only in my practice?  Yes.  It may be coming down the road, but for now, I will continue to educate and if my client still wants to go the massage route, I will appease them.

Stay well!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment